In a soup!

I had read in one of the health/running website that novice runner should never run on the course that they have not walked before, so this morning, my husband and I, went to the Elysian Park, where the 5k race will be held next Saturday. It is a charming park with beautiful views of downtown Los Angeles. As we started running, I was in for a shocker; it was not a straight stretch leveled road as expected. It was hilly!! I have never run uphill before, never EVER! Sometimes people tell me, I am a snail (I think they wanted to say “slow” but were too kind) I suppose I concur with them today. I should have done my homework before registering for the race.

Another challenges that I will encounter is that I am a nocturnal runner, always ran after sun set, guess I am “Team Edward” (Twilight fame). It was tough running with the ball on fire sizzling brightly in the sky.

So will this blogger succeed, or accept defeat even before launching to the first race…will find out in just 6 days!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Still contemplating and discovering!?!

Followers

You on NetworkedBlogs!


Recent Comments