I want to be just a number…

Finally, I have registered for my very first 5K! It’s on Saturday, July 31st, here’s the link http://aztlanindianrun.com/default.aspx . I am so energized; I will at last have number on my shirt! Apparently it’s called “bib”, runners usually pin it on front of their shirts.
Butterflies and zillions questions in my tummy, am I prepared? how do I avoid pre-race anxieties ? warm up? Cool down? Play list? what do I wear, I know it’s not the prom, but it is my first race! What do I eat, before and after? will there be water? am I a complete Looney?
So far, I know the answer only to the last question and its YES!
Ok, here are few things that I want to accomplish in this race-
• Running (not walking) my little heart out to the finish line.
• Not to be last to finish.
• Not cry after I finish the race.
• Enjoy the experience and have fun!

Do you have any tips to offer first time racers?Click the "comment" button and help me reach the finish line.

posted under |

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you! No worries...you won't be last. :) Just have a blast!! I can't wait to hear how you do.

Moi! said...

Thanks a lot Heather, for your support, advice and prime source of inspiration!

Unknown said...

All the best rits remember ur a winner no matter wat!!!

Moi! said...

Thanks Miks!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Still contemplating and discovering!?!

Followers

You on NetworkedBlogs!


Recent Comments