Strength Training

Strength training is the use of resistance to muscular contraction to build the strength, anaerobic endurance and size of skeletal muscles, yup that's the definition directly cut and pasted from Wikipedia, but nearly not are important as strength training that I have in mind. I was talking to a friend of mine, who my husband and I call superwoman ,she is having a challenging time juggling two very active kids, demanding 80+ hours workweek, no weekends time with family, zero vacation for two years, squeezing in strenuous workouts, attending classes and never ending assignments.

To take on all that, by choice or because it’s your duty, and still be positive, without an ounce of alcohol in your blood stream, is what I call mental strength training.

So how do we strength train our minds to curve balls life throws at us? Here’s my two cents – things that I seek to incorporate in my life-

Be positive, stay positive, subscribe to jokeaday, be an walking advertisement for dentist and smile a lot, work out, dance at every opportunity, take daily dose of multi vitamins, let the small stuff- be small stuff and not stress about it, eat healthy food but don’t skip on dark chocolate or tiramisu once in a while, drink a bit (avoid during work hours) and most importantly have fun and live boldly!

Do feel free to add to the list via comments tab.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Still contemplating and discovering!?!

Followers

You on NetworkedBlogs!


Recent Comments