Bugs for dinner

Yes, I had bugs for dinner last night,marinated in yogurt, just a touch of mayo and ketchup with fingerling potatoes on the side. Yeah right, I am vegetarian, born and raised as vegetarian, never had the choice to choose!
I have been running in the evening because of the hot weather and obsession with fairer skin,ran 3k in 19 minutes, average pace 6.30. The run was really good, I was focused on increasing my pace, cool breeze blowing my newly cropped hair, I believe it provides least resistance while running:),out of the blue, a big bug flew into my mouth...I huffed and puffed but could get the bug out. I spat, coughed and imitated throw up, but the bug seemed to fancy my oral hygiene and stayed inside my mouth. The only things left for me to do was drown bug, the bugger, I drank water, don't know if bugs have soul, but if they do may it rest in peace temporarily in my stomach till morning.

How do I avoid this from happening again? any suggestions? I wish to stay vegetarian and prefer cereal for dinner.

I killed the bug and the bug killed my appetite.

Here's to all the bugs who fly into unassuming runners mouth, fly in peace.

posted under , , , , , , |

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nicely put, but I am sure the bug was looking for a cool place to hang out away from the heat! Too bad it didn't realize that the sparkling teeth was a lure for its death! Next time try to keep your mouth closed while running to avoid such deadly accidents or wear a face mask! I know its not going to blend with your new look but for the sake for other bugs JUST DO IT!

Moi! said...

Thanks Jeenu!It is essential to breath through the mouth while running. I think face mask would be a good idea,maybe something like darth vader, so no one would recognize me :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Still contemplating and discovering!?!

Followers

You on NetworkedBlogs!


Recent Comments