Me time sucks!


Last week, my better half was trotting half way across the world and I was in my abode alone. The impression that one gets from movies like “home alone”, is that it’s exciting to be by yourself, eat whatever you want, put stingy cologne on your face, leave mess lying around… I thought so too, but let the truth be told, I hate being unaccompanied.
While hubby was increasing his airline miles traveling to the land of her majesty, the Queen, I was sleeping on the couch with lights on. I have never been a chicken, but for some reason I was petrified by the slightest sound for the three nights that I was by myself. I tossed and turned, tossed and turned, repeat again, but just couldn’t sleep. Usually as the clock blinks 10 pm I am off to bed and 10.15 pm deep in slumber, but those few night internet was my best friend. Ask me about treatment for split ends, ten day weather forecast in California, Idaho and Germany, feng shui, how to plant okra, I know it all, cause I just couldn’t sleep!
The afternoon he came back, we both were so exhausted, he because of 16 hours of travel, hectic schedule and jet lag and me, because of information over load and sleep deprivation. Me time really sucks! Glad he is back home!

posted under , , , , |

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrific post...I like that you discovered the joy of planting okra! Things that go bump in the night creep me out, too...even though I'm a very rational person.

By the way, I happened upon your site via a discussion thread on NetworkedBlogs. I thought you might like to know.

Here's wishing you a great day and much happy blogging. (And now that you know how to plant okra, go plant some...I've got some wonderful truly southern recipes that call for the seedy veggie!)

Cordially,
L. Avery Brown
http://whenasouthernwomanrambles.blogspot.com/

Moi! said...

Thanks Avery! I will def. chk your blog out too. Right now, I have planted basil and mint, but will def. plant more veggies soon and refer to your blog yr southern recipes :)!

Anonymous said...

Hey
I also found you on NetworkedBlogs.

Being alone is only fun for like the first 5 minutes. Then you realize that you are... well, alone. The best strategy is to take up a hobby to replace your hubby.

Moi! said...

Hi thedrugattic,
I agree, its best to keep oneself occupied when alone. I am glad hubby doesn't have another trip anytime soon, if he does travel again, I am going with him:)

Heather said...

I'm with you - I hate when Phil is gone...EXCEPT when it's bed time...I LOVE to stretch out and sleep the whole night w/o him waking me up! :) I know, it's horrible...but I can't help it. I like my area! I keep telling him we need a king size bed. :) Anyway, glad your hubby is home safe and sound!

mommysankey said...

Thanks for visiting my blog- now following you.

I too hate being alone. I laughed because this sounds very similar to my nights when my hubby is working. I worry about everything especially the babies. The three of us gather in my bed (including the three dogs so six really)- they soundly sleep and I lay awake getting up to check every noise I hear. Happy to hear the hubby is home and hope the sleep is better.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Still contemplating and discovering!?!

Followers

You on NetworkedBlogs!


Recent Comments