Food Network is slaughtering my diet!


Don’t get me wrong, I love Food Network channel, it makes me want to try out new recipes and cook creatively, but shows like Cupcake wars and Ace of cake, the sugary half an hour episodes compels me to bake and within minutes I set in motion preparing for the new calorie loaded recipe. The aroma of baking engulfs my kitchen and I am on my knees, no, not praying for forgiveness for gluttony but looking in the oven (it’s under the stove) and counting minutes till the 450 degrees of heat does its job. It’s a good thing that I love to share what I cook so I get to eat one or two (sometimes when I am naughty, three or four) baked goodies AND then off course the next thing, my diet is scorched.

Here’s what I am thinking to deter myself from baking - nip it in the bud and get cable disconnected so I won’t watch tv and be inspired to bake, or maybe fling the oven out of the window, or never keeps eggs ,spoons and mixing bowls at home, or write a letter to food network to pay for my gym membership and next size clothes….I ran the list with my friends who I usually share the baked goodies with and they promised to take me out shopping for the next size tent, oops I meant dress, if I kept baking.

Thank God for such friends who motivate me to keep baking and buying newer bigger clothes!?! They also promised me that they would run with me to shed the extra brownie pounds and reduce eating sugary goodies to once a month, so I guess its win-win! Glad that sorted out, can’t wait to get back on my knees againJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lena,
I'm following you via GFC & Networked Blogs. Saw your forum post & responded.

Please visit me @ http://www.themoxiebee.com
& follow back :)

You know, I was watching Rachel Ray's Vacation show on The Food Network & I truly wondered how she can run around doing nothing but eating & stay slim. lol

Take care,

Maura
The Moxie Bee
http://www.themoxiebee.com

Moi! said...

Hi Maura,
Thanks for following! I will def. visit your blog.
I agree with you about Rachael, her show is just awesome and she looks just great. Do you watch "Giada at home" on Food Network? Another inspirational cook and and she is amazingly skinny.I would love to know their secret:)
Take care and thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Still contemplating and discovering!?!

Followers

You on NetworkedBlogs!


Recent Comments